XM MLB Chat

Friday, August 01, 2008

Hazel Mae: It all started with Glenn Geffner

Former NESN personality Hazel Mae is reportedly being considered for the new MLB channel: In a March 22, 2005 interview with RedSoxNation.net:
  • "RSN: When did you join NESN, and how did you come to trade Toronto for SportsDesk?
  • HM: I joined NESN in September of 2004.
He was familiar with my work in Canada because the Jays and Sox play each other so often, and NESN was looking for a "new face" to launch an evening edition of SportsDesk. NESN saw my tape and made me an offer I couldn't refuse -- a job in the U.S., with one of the best regional sports networks in the country and a sports-crazed city with passionate fans."...
  • (Mr. Geffner of course later became part of the Red Sox radio booth and currently is heard on Marlins radio). sm

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home