SI.com's Tim Layden buries the Mitchell lede--Paul Byrd, his dentist, and his upcoming book
- Byrd kept his HGH parphenalia in various clubhouse fridges. He said MLB knew about it (which they said they didn't).
- He even spoke openly about being Christian and is writing a book about his experience as a Christian.
- Excuses? He said he felt his pituitary wasn't quite right. He bought 1000 vials of HGH and over 100 syringes.
- All this should've been ridiculed from the rafters since the Mitchell Report--if Byrd were treated as others on the list have been.
- He also got the win for his team in Game 4 of the 2007 ALDS, and where are the screams that the title should be stripped from the Cleveland Indians?
- Writers' block?