XM MLB Chat

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The NY Daily News Yankee beat writer has obtained the most important beat at the paper.

People say Yankee beat writer is most important of all beats at the NY Daily News:

"Q. Is it the most important beat at the paper?

  • A. People tell me it is. I have trouble thinking it's more important than national news. When I first started doing baseball I talked to Bob Hohler – he covered the White House for the Boston Globe before covering the Red Sox. He said covering baseball was harder than the White House. I was shocked but now I can see how it can be true. I can't imagine a much harder thing to do."
From Sports Media Guide interview with 2006 NY Daily News Yankee beat writer Sam Borden, 10/30/06. (Borden has since moved to another newspaper).
  • How decisions are reached in awarding this job, an instant ticket to celebrity and immortality, is of greater importance. All of a sudden, your name and words carry instant authority around the world and are showcased on Yankee radio broadcasts. (sm)

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home