XM MLB Chat

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Victory for 'Modern Day Al Capones'--I doubled my donation to WFAN Radiothon after Imus firing

  • I was going to give my usual modest donation to the yearly radiothon for children on WFAN. But on the news that CBS is so mentally deranged that they fired Imus, I decided the only way I could show my disdain for WFAN's owner, CBS, was to double my contribution. I even went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square this afternoon, not that the public was allowed into the show, but thought I'd go by anyway. What just happened isn't what you think. I sold radio advertising time for 20 years, but to understand what just happened only takes common sense:
  • A small number of people who've proven themselves to be nothing more than modern day Al Capones have long since convinced a slightly larger group of people what constitutes the way to live. In short, it's a convoluted word game. If you think decision-makers in advertising or "broadcast" have anything whatsoever on the average person, you're quite misinformed.
  • DEAR MEL KARMAZIN: PLEASE HIRE DON IMUS ON SATELLITE RADIO!!!
LONG LIVE MIKE AND THE MAD DOG FOR THEIR COURAGEOUS WORDS TODAY: Russo: "I DON'T CARE IF THEY FIRE US."
  • (P.S. Kudos to Matt Drudge for sensationalism aimed at the lowest common denominator--the money is pouring in for him. Yours truly, 'The Reverend' Susan Mullen)

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home