XM MLB Chat

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Personal attacks on me

I only started this blog to document unsubstantiated or questionable claims I heard on radio and elsewhere. Some have thought my efforts funny, others refer to me as 'crazy' or 'demented,' without giving examples from over 1900 posts here. These descriptions about me have been made on Baseball Think Factory, My Baseball Bias, and others. Instead of focusing on my material, they attack me personally. Here's a response to this I posted recently on Baseball Think Factory.
"You label my comments 'crazy' or exhibiting 'dementia' which is certainly easier than giving examples of what I've said that was incorrect. Having offered my own evidence, that has been ridiculed here as well. The reason I started documenting things is not because it's fun but because I was shocked at the volume of unsubstantiated material I heard on the airwaves. The only reason I made my comments moderated is because people were leaving profane material there. Apparently there are some frequenting baseball blogs who have time for that sort of thing. Repeatedly calling a person crazy or demented without citing examples wouldn't seem to meet minimum standards of discourse on what purports to be a legitimate, serious blog. But it's one common attempt to keep out anyone who has a different point of view than yours."
  • Most of my posts highlight comments others have made. If you don't like them, why not address those who made them?
See 6th paragraph.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home