XM MLB Chat

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A-ROD CHARITY-POKER EVENT IN NYC WED. NIGHT--SHEFFIELD, MARIANO, & POSADA SHOW UP

"Alex Rodriguez spotted Gary Sheffield on a red carpet in Chelsea last night and wrapped him in a bear hug. "Congratulations,"” Rodriguez told Sheffield. "“I'’m happy for you."” Rodriguez was congratulating a friend on his good fortune; he insisted he did not want to be traded, too." (Arod had flown in from Miami Wednesday to attend the "charity poker tournament for the A-rod Family Foundation which supports education and mental health programs.")
  • "Speaking outside Jay-Z's 40-40 Club, where the event was held, Rodriguez said he still felt passionately about staying in New York.

    "One hundred percent, yes,"” he said. "“My family now is beginning to really get comfortable here,— my wife and my daughter. And I love New York, I love the challenges New York brings.

    "There'’s no question last year was a very challenging year for me personally, but I think New York wants to see people have a tough time and come out of it and fight through it."”

Jeter was not there last night, but catcher Jorge Posada and closer Mariano Rivera were." From NY Times article by Tyler Kepner, 11/16/06 Story also in Newsday, no cookies needed Arod says he loves NY but isn't a great poker player.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home