XM MLB Chat

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Chris Russo to Bud Selig: "You must be happy the Yankees lost today."

Allen 'Bud' Selig on WFAN with Mike Francesa and Chris Russo today just chatting, and Russo says to Allen "Bud:"
  • Bud, I know you probably won't answer this but you must be happy the Yankees lost today, must be thrilled, because this helps your argument for parity. How about that?
Bud answers:
  • Well, you're right, Chris, I'm not going to answer that. But my guideline is how many teams are in the running at the end of the season. (Translation: You stupid Yankee fans can dine on beans and franks, just hand over your money to me and shut the hell up).
Chris and Mike bring up a good subject, but back off easily:
  • Bud, the Marlins hired a new manager in one day, without apparently following an interview protocol giving a fair chance to as many as possible. Even though the new manager is a minority, why weren't more people interviewed?
Bud answers:
  • Trust me, you guys, they checked with me and they did follow the protocol. They checked everything out, and did the right thing. (Translation: It's none of your damn business, I'll do what I want).
Mike helps Bud out by saying:
  • So, it helps that they didn't do the whole protocol because they hired a minority?
Bud:
  • Yeah, yeah, everything was fine.
The interview concluded with Bud defending his decisions throughout the rainy evening at Yankee Stadium. He says he was tuned into the Weather Channel as well. End of interview.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home