XM MLB Chat

Friday, July 21, 2006

Jack O'Connell of BBWAA replies to my email

I sent an email to Mr. O'Connell asking for the names of the 28 persons who voted for the 2005 AL Cy Young Award & their professional affiliations. Here is his reply: (July 21, 2006)
Ms. Mullen,
This information is available to BBWAA members only.
Jack O'Connell
I appreciate his prompt reply to my request, but I need this simple information. I've already asked the HOF & they said they have nothing to do with the Cy Young Award. For an award like this where such a small number of selected voters determines an immortal and often financial outcome, it is important to know the bio and resume of voters, their voting history, and bio and resume of the person who appointed them. The public also needs to know disciplinary history of voters, ie which voters have been admonished or penalized (such as temporary suspension of voting rights) and all details involved. If you claim you are the 'conscience' or 'guardian' of the game, that's nice, but who guards you (other than Bud Selig)?

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home