Dead model at August Busch IV home had heart issue
Adrienne Martin, 27, was found dead at Busch's suburban St Louis home on December 19. The St Louis Post-Dispatch reported on Saturday that Dr Kevin Martin, a doctor of osteopathy who practises in Cape Girardeau, said he diagnosed his then-wife with a heart rhythm disorder in 2002, just after they married.
- Martin said his wife didn't tell others about her condition, called Long QT syndrome, and he hadn't talked to authorities about it.
The newspaper also reported that it took someone at Busch's mansion more than 40 minutes to call 911 after Adrienne Martin was found dead at 12.30pm local time, according to the St. Louis County medical examiner's office.
- Busch, 46, hasn't commented publicly about Martin's death. Police who responded to the scene did not disclose her death until four days later - after the newspaper reported it on its website, STLtoday.com.
Busch's lawyer, Art Margulis, said Busch and others were at the mansion when Martin's body was discovered. The lawyer said Martin was Busch's girlfriend and there was "absolutely nothing suspicious about her passing, and it's a tragic and untimely death of a young person".
Officials said an initial autopsy was inconclusive and did not reveal signs of trauma to her body or obvious natural causes of death. A ruling stating the cause of death is expected after results of toxicology tests come back. That could take up to six weeks.
- St Louis County forensic administrator Suzanne McCune had said there were no signs of trauma or illness, and an overdose was among the possible causes of death.
"She was against drugs," said Timothy Carlson, who until earlier this month employed Martin as his assistant.
Carlson, president of the local MTO Clean franchise, said one of the last tasks she performed before leaving the job was selecting a company to administer drug testing for Carlson's staff at the home and commercial cleaning company.
Martin was a former Hooters waitress and aspiring beer advertising model who was working on her master's degree in art therapy counselling. She and Kevin Martin, who divorced earlier this year, have an 8-year-old son, who was with relatives in Springfield on the day she died.
- Kevin Martin said he met Busch "months ago," and that Busch called him on December 19 to tell him about the death.
"We also both think the world of August," Martin said. "He is a good man."...
When Busch took over as chief executive of the family business in 2006, Anheuser-Busch owned roughly half the US beer market thanks to its Budweiser and Bud Light brands.
- Two years later, the business was sold to Belgian company InBev in a $52 billion deal that created the world's largest brewer.
- Busch is a member of the InBev board but has no role in day-to-day operations.
In 1983, Busch, then a 20-year-old University of Arizona student, left a bar near Tucson, Arizona, with a 22-year-old woman. His black Corvette crashed, and the woman, Michele Frederick, was killed. Busch was found hours later at his home. He suffered a fractured skull and claimed he had amnesia.
- After a seven-month investigation, authorities declined to press charges, citing a lack of evidence.
Two years later, Busch was acquitted on assault charges resulting from a police chase that ended with an officer shooting out a tyre on his Mercedes-Benz."
- 12/27/10, "Dead model at Busch's home had heart issue," AP report in Sydney Morning Herald
Model photo from MichaelSavage.com. August Busch IV photo Bloomberg. story via MichaelSavage.comTweet Stumbleupon StumbleUpon