13 major roads in Mexico blocked by organized crime
- 8/14, "Mexican drug gang barricades Monterrey roads," MSNBC, AP, Reuters,
"In a violent show of force, suspected Mexican drug gang members cut off 13 major roads in Monterrey, Mexico, on Saturday,
- dragging motorists out of their vehicles to use as blockades against police.
Four people were killed in an earlier shootout, authorities in Mexico said. Among the dead was an alleged leader of Los Zetas, one of Mexico's most powerful and violent drug cartel, BBC News reported.
Soldiers from the Mexican Army clashed with armed assailants inside two armored vehicles,
- according to Blog del Narco, Mexico's go-to Web site on information on the country's drug war.
Drivers were forced out of their vehicles and robbed by suspected traffickers, BBC reported.
- There was no information on the extent of civilian injuries.
Los Zetas members are purported to be assassins who deserted the Mexican Army....
- In the Pacific coast state of Michoacan, police found
- photo of blockade by reuters earlier this month.
- White House party photo reuters
- decapitated heads in Mexico via diGiovanni
- Trash on Arizona border, Rape Tree in background,
- photo 3/16/09, Now Public
Tweet Stumbleupon StumbleUpon