Rangers v Yankees scores two record nights in a row for FSN Southwest
- The strong showing Wednesday night came just one day after the RSN recorded a Rangers record 8.0 on Aug. 10 in the opener of the two-game set against the Bronx Bombers.
The Aug. 11 telecast also topped all programming in the market for the second conseuctive night, finishing ahead of Fox's So You Think You Can Dance (5.1), CBS' Criminal Minds (4.8) and NBC's America's Got Talent (4.5), said FSN SW officials.
- From 8:45 p.m to11 p.m., the telecast featuring starting pitcher Cliff Lee averaged a 10.9 rating (277,000 homes),
- peaking with a 12.4 rating (315,000 homes) from 10:15 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
Since the southpaw joined the Rangers last month, the games he's started televised on RSN have averaged
- a 6.1 rating to help improve the team's season mark rating to 3.3.
- Prior to Lee's July 9 acquisition, Rangers contests on the RSN averaged a 2.6 rating in the DMA."