US government acting as agent and partner of BP to keep truth away from public-Greenwald. Where are Woodward and Bernstein?
- The very idea that government officials are acting as agents of BP (of all companies) in what clearly seem to be unconstitutional acts to intimidate and impede the media is infuriating.
- there are DHS agents and local police officials acting as BP's personal muscle to detain, interrogate, and threaten a photographer. BP's destructive conduct, and the government's complicity,
- 7/01, "According to a news release from the Unified Command, violation of the (oil spill) "safety zone" rules can result in a civil penalty of up to $40,000, and could be classified as a Class D felony."..., "Media, boaters could face criminal penalties by entering oil cleanup 'safety zone'," Times-Picayune
Obama says one set of facts is best for "democracy", 5/2/10: "This of course requires that we all agree on a certain set of facts to debate from, and that is why we need a vibrant and thriving news business that is
- separate from opinion makers and talking heads....
- This development can be both good and bad for democracy."...***
- "Effective immediately, the Department of Homeland Security will now control all content and distribution of information to the American and international public....
The announcement, first reported by the Associated Press, was frowned upon by many news agencies and reporters. According to a DHS spokesman, the website will change its address
- from a dot-com to a dot-gov address but the content will remain the same....
it is questionable why the DHS would get involved in an environmental disaster that has no immediate impact on national security and therefore would not be considered to be placed under their control and jurisdiction."... ***Photographer detained by BP security and US Dept. of Homeland Security
- drawing, huliq post, CNN video, Obama speech, via RedState.com