July 4th, Independence Day in America
- 6/8/10, Boeing Stearman biplane crashes at Reagan National Airport
- "IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,
- When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them,
- a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them
- to the separation....
- He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
- He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
- He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only."...
Labels: World War II Air Force pilotTweet Stumbleupon StumbleUpon