"That’s the metrosexual ninny in the Audi ad:
The good news is, as in Invasion of the Body Snatchers, there are still a few hold-outs....
- everyone else thinks has never felt
"The New Conformo-Radicalism," by Mark Steyn, 2/13/10 *****
- But it’s awfully late in the day. The end is near, we face the final curtain, and it’s an open question whether the spirit...can triumph over the soporific, sophomoric, self-flattering conformism of that Audi ad: Groupthink compliance has never felt so right!"
P.S. Selig has 2 main obsessions: one, his own image. Two, the elevation of a particular baseball player's image from what it is to something much better, which it is not. Like everything else, he can only accomplish these distortions with willing media partners. ed.
- In baseball information, if you crave to be on the money side, crave to be of a fraternity, then you will be a stenographer for Bud Selig's pet beliefs-or at least treat them gently. If you're a young, palpitating kid with a blog you're a good bet to fold like a cheap camera. Try looking in a mirror as you read Bud's propaganda presented as your own fact/opinion. Remember to say things like,
- "Make no mistake..." proving you're utterly without a conscience. Envision your appearance on ESPN, job waiting at MLB.com, enshrinement on one of Selig's Hall of Fame review committees.
- All because you conformed. You sold out. Your parents get an F for raising you.
All images from original film Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Kevin McCarthy dodging cars from daviddarling.com McCarthy and Dana Wynter from imdb.
Labels: Radical conformism bought and sold by media