XM MLB Chat

Thursday, February 11, 2010

BBWAA members seek donations to send them to spring training

Mark Zuckerman a former employee of the Washington Times, covered the Washington Nationals and aims to continue doing so. From his blog, Nats Insider, he mentions Trent Rosecrans covering the Cincinnati Reds was an inspiration:
  • "I just need to offer a gigantic thank you to everyone who has responded to my campaign to cover spring training. The response I've received over the last 16 hours has been both overwhelming and humbling....
I need to mention C. Trent Rosecrans. Most of you probably don't know him, but he was actually the inspiration for this whole endeavor. Trent used to cover the Reds for the Cincinnati Post -- quite well, I might add -- only to find himself in a similar situation to mine when that paper folded altogether. He has since created a website that puts mine to shame: CNATI, which covers the Cincinnati sports scene the way it should be covered.
  • Last month,Trent decided to start a campaign to send him to Goodyear, Ariz.Reds camp, and his readers responded with the same kind of support I've experienced today. He's already surpassed his goal, but I know he's still looking for more help because he's actually got a staff at his site."...

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home