An offset traded today returns about 80% less than it did 6 or 8 months ago per the Telegraph. That's slightly better odds than Bernie Madoff gave you. Why are MLB teams instructed to involve themselves with this scam 'greenwash' (which gained foothold in the now practically bankrupt UK)?
ultimately paid for by all of us through our electricity bills. Last summer,
their value is dropping so fast that Mr Darling will be lucky to get
- £100 million." by Christopher Booker, "Despite the Hot Air, the Antarctic is not Warming Up," UK Telegraph, 1/25/09
From MLB.com, citing its purchase of 'carbon offsets' 4/22/08:
- (The money and politics behind the global warming fraud is now desperate, which is why the media is supporting the lie 24/7). sm
a powerful leader in the global green movement.... You will just see it emphasized more on this day around the game, sometimes in ways that you won't know, and sometimes in obvious ways, such as prominent recycling containers or the planting of trees
- "Major League Baseball...has stepped up in 2008 as
Seattle Mariners buy carbon offsets:
- or a network morning TV show discussing PNC Park programs as part of its presidential primary coverage."...
- 58,000 kWh of "green power" credits from the Seattle City Light Green Up program.
Cincinnati Reds buy carbon offsets:
- This is part of a much broader overall initative, all posted on the club's Web site. "We know that just buying carbon offsets isn't enough," said Howard Lincoln, the Mariners' chairman and CEO.
- "This is not a one-time event for us."...
- "Teaming with Duke Energy, the Reds purchased carbon credits to offset the estimated fossil fuel emissions related to game-day operations at Great American Ball Park."
"Tampa Bay Rays buy carbon credits: Phillies make biggest carbon offset buy in pro sports to date 5/1/08 Scams enabled by 'green guilt' 2008 All Star game used to burnish interests of carbon offsets dealers
Labels: carbon offsets damaging, Man-made Global Warming scam MLB