XM MLB Chat

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I'm not disappointed in Hal

A headline today says Hal Steinbrenner is disappointed in the Yankees, which is fine.
  • What I like is that he actually was in Yankee Stadium today, on a game day with people around. One frequently hears about comments Hank makes, which is fine too, but he's not coming up to New York City to make them.
I read some weeks ago (I believe in Ken Davidoff's Newsday column) somehow the subject of Hank taking a trip to New York was ruled out by Hank. Someone in the organization suggested he make a visit up to the Bronx, but Hank decided he wanted to stay in Tampa. So far I can't find the link to this item, which may mean someone had it scrubbed, but I'll keep looking. The point is, Hal showed more character by getting out of Tampa and coming up to New York to say whatever he had to say. Character speaks louder than anything in my opinion.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home