XM MLB Chat

Monday, July 24, 2006

Peter Schmuck, Pres. of BBWAA, responds to my email

"That's not information I have at my fingertips, though it is not kept confidential. Those records are kept up in New York. Is there anything in particular I can answer for you? pete"
  • This is a change from what Jack O'Connell said in his email to me, in which he stated the information I sought was only available to BBWAA members.
Records are kept up in New York, according to Mr. Schmuck. That certainly narrows it down. I asked for the names and professional affiliations of the 2005 AL Cy Young voters.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

2 Comments:

  • Jack O'Connell, the secretary-treasurer of the BBWAA, and the office's main head quarters are centered in New York. Mr. Schmuck's statements are consistent.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 PM  

  • The inconsistency is Mr. O'Connell said the information is only available
    to BBWAA members. Mr. Schmuck said something different--that the information is NOT confidential, but isn't at his figertips & is kept in New York. I never asked Mr. O'Connell
    about the group's headquarters. I'm not sure what "centered" means, but there's no listing for the group in New York, nor does MLB know anything about it.

    By Blogger susan, at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home