Mariano Rivera got out of a real mess tonight, brought in in the 8th inning in what was a mess
to begin with. I heard them today, studiously avoiding mentioning Mariano, opting slowly &
methodically to praise a few has-been pitchers who only lasted for 2 seconds anyway, against
easier national league line-ups in low-key environments. As I've outlined since I started this blog,
they're obsessed with minimizing Rivera, as are all but 1 of the other boilerplate ESPN guys who roll through
there. The only one who knows & says the truth is Charley Steiner, who's also the ONLY ONE on the
channel with extensive first hand experience watching Mariano.
Since the management of XM
obviously doesn't care, I'll be paying less attention myself to this childish, biased coverage.
- MARIANO RIVERA HAS PITCHED IN HIGH PRESSURE AMERICAN LEAGUE LATE INNING SITUATIONS FOR 11 CONSECUTIVE POST SEASONS,
- AT LEAST TWICE GOING 3+ CONSECUTIVE SCORELESS INNINGS; HE HAS ALSO
- PITCHED IN 10 CONSECUTIVE REGULAR SEASON AMERICAN LEAGUE
- LATE INNING PRESSURE SITUATIONS, WITH THIS YEAR, 2006, BEING HIS 11TH REGULAR SEASON.
- AFTER HIS REGULAR SEASON IS FINISHED, HE IS EXPECTED TO APPEAR IN HIS 12TH CONSECUTIVE POST SEASON THIS YEAR.