XM MLB Chat

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Oil Can Boyd admits cocaine use, will play Satchel Paige in new movie about Jackie Robinson

"Boyd said he was never asked to take a drug test during his playing days."

"Former Red Sox pitcher Dennis “Oil Can” Boyd admitted on Wednesday that two-thirds of the time he was on the mound, he was under the influence of cocaine....

Despite that, Boyd said he has no regrets in his career that spanned from 1982 t0 1991....

I never had a drug test as long as I played baseball,” he said. “I was told that, yeah, if you don’t stop doing this we’re going to put you into rehab, and I told them (expletive) that (expletive). I’m going to do what I have to do, I have to win ball games. We’ll talk about that in the offseason, right now I have to win ball games.”

The retired Red Sox pitcher has been busy as of late. His autobiography, “They Call Me Oil Can,” is scheduled for publication in June. In May, he will be filming his role as pitcher Satchel Paige in a major motion picture about Jackie Robinson, starring Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey, Richard Gere and Chadwick Boseman as Robinson, the first African-American to play Major League Baseball." via Drudge

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home