Government and media to increase partnership. FTC plan to 'save' newspapers= 5 new taxes on Americans
- Of course, any media organization that accepts one penny of government "aid" thereby loses the right to call itself an independent media outlet because, as anybody who knows anything about federal aid can attest, when bureaucrats fund something, they use that funding as the pretext to regulate and control it.
Here's (Dan) Gainor's key graphs:
- "Of course, anything coming out of the Obama administration is also automatically about taxes. This (FTC) working paper mentions some form of the word
- 'tax' 95 times in 47 pages.
- If government wants to make the media dependent on it for cash,
- it has to tax us to do so.
"The paper listed five possible new taxes to pay for a 'Citizenship Media Fund.' Those include a
- $4 billion tax on consumer electronics like your TV or iPod;
- a $5-6 billion advertising tax;
- and a tax on both ISP and cell phone bills.
"It also listed a host of other possible solutions for the problems that impact journalism – everything but the free market. That concept is foreign to the same administration that seized control of Wall Street, Detroit and our health care system."
- You can read the rest of Dan's column here."
- from Mr. Tapscott's article on the move to 'reinvent' journalism:
- or are thinking about doing to the rest of us and with our tax dollars."...
- Report on FTC media plan details its emphasis on old line media. This is
- not about supporting new media. It is about robbing American taxpayers for the purpose of keeping them barefoot, ignorant, and mute. Banana Republic style.