XM MLB Chat

Friday, May 28, 2010

Multiple US baseball players get extra screening at Canadian border. No protests?

5/28/10: "Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones was detained by Canadian immigration officials for a few hours Thursday night after he landed in Toronto for this weekend's series....

"They said I had a criminal record," Jones said. "My mom raised me better than that. I've never done anything like that, been involved in anything criminal in my entire life. It was a long, pointless situation because of the circumstances, but I'm glad everything got cleared."

  • "We went to immigration," he said. "I was considered detained."

Jones blamed the incident on a case of mistaken identity.

"They had the wrong person," Jones said. They thought I was somebody else."

  • Jones said he was not told whether he had been mistaken for NFLplayer Adam "Pacman' Jones," who has had frequent legal troubles."...

from KLTV, Texas, "Orioles' Jones detained for hours entering Canada," 5/28 photo earlier this year protesters at Coors Field where Diamondbacks visited Colorado Rockies

Labels:

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home