Immigration activists say Mexican police engage in racial profiling, beatings, and kidnappings of Central Americans
- Mexico's Calderon received thunderous applause from US braindead politicians as he presides over brutal racial profiling, beating, robbing and kidnapping of Central Americans.
- but they'll beat you up and steal everything you've got first."...
- Yet Mexico's Arizona-style law requires local police to check IDs. And Mexican
- police freely engage in racial profiling and routinely harass Central American migrants, say immigration activists....
In one six-month period from September 2008 through February 2009, at least 9,758 migrants were kidnapped and held for ransom in Mexico — 91 of them with the direct participation of Mexican police, a report by the National Human Rights Commission said. Other migrants are routinely stopped and shaken down for bribes, it said."
- USA Today, "Activists blast Mexico's immigration law" Hawley