China says carbon dioxide not a pollutant, 3/29/10
- because carbon dioxide isn’t a pollutant.
Emissions from ships may be better regulated by the International Maritime Organization’s council or a new international convention, said Xiaofeng Guo, a member of
- China’s delegation attending IMO talks in London this week.
IMO marine pollution rules are “definitely not the way
- because carbon dioxide is not a pollutant,” he said.
The IMO, overseen by the United Nations, has a meeting this week of its Marine Environment Protection Committee. “Now is not the time for mandatory measures” to improve the energy efficiency of new ships, he said.
- International shipping contributed about 2.7 percent of global emissions in 2007, according to a July report from the IMO."...
- 'Clean air' and catastrophic carbon endangerment are 2 different things currently being sold as one. It is a crime for members of the US government to attempt to confuse the two in current and pending regulations. The trillions in hoped for carbon trading-which does nothing to help the environment-have kept this fraud going.
- The US is merely turning its citizens over to a bunch of greasy thugs at the UN under the guise of clean air and of course, green jobs.
- Link to US bill saying it wants to cut "global warming pollution." We all want to cut pollution. Do not confuse 'pollution' with catastrophic man made global warming that is causing global death, hurricanes, and sinking islands, requiring a carbon tax (and yearly billions on top of that in reparations).