Mets TV uses Johan Santana as pop-up ad
- popping up in-game promos,
- featuring the pitcher's mug, reminding viewers to tune in when he takes the mound.
Considering the rare air Santana occupies, teasing his next start makes sense - a good attempt to bring in maximum eyeballs.
- Wondering how Mets pitchers stack up in terms of average TV ratings? Check it out.
The following ratings were produced while each guy was pitching on SNY.
- 1) Mike Pelfrey, 3.4 rating (7 games, including the Citi Field opener).
- 2) Santana, 3.3 rating (9 games, he's the only Mets pitcher to throw during two weekday tilts, which are traditionally low-rated)
- 3) Tim Redding, 3.3 rating (1 game).
- 4) John Maine, 3.1 rating (9 games).
- 5) Livan Hernandez 3.1 rating (8 games).
- Oliver Perez, 2.8 rating (3 games).
- 6) Jonathon Niese, 2.8 rating (2 games)."...