XM MLB Chat

Monday, October 06, 2008

On second thought about K-rod, Lennon, Newsday

(Newsday, Lennon, Mets beat): "I was totally on board with the Mets cutting K-Rod a check, regardless of the price, but I'm starting to rethink my position after watching him during these past two games.

  • Sure, he gave up that game-winning home run to J.D. Drew on Friday. Whatever. That happens. I'm not going to kill him for that.
What I didn't like was what I saw Sunday night.

-- Didn't throw that hard (33 pitches, 96 mph once, 95 four times).

-- Too much off-speed stuff.

-- Way too much whining about the strike zone. If you're getting squeezed or not,

-- And what's with yelling at your team after coming off the mound? There was K-Rod, screaming at the dugout, "Let's go!" as if imploring the Angels to score some runs. If I was Mark Teixeira, I'd be like,

  • "Easy pal. We're trying over here. Maybe if you didn't tee up that changeup on Friday, we wouldn't have our backs against the wall."

-- Mariano Rivera doesn't do that. Heck, Billy Wagner doesn't even do that.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home