Not an MLB press release-or even an AP press release (that usually sounds like an MLB press release)
Interesting for baseball's big picture:
- For Tuesday night's All Star game at Yankee Stadium:(NY Times): "The Nielsen ratings show that there were far more viewers
- in the three-channel days before cable,
- as many as 36.3 million in 1976,
- compared with 14.5 million on Tuesday night.
Fox, which carried the game, said that 1.25 million households were tuned to the game in New York, a figure the network said was at least a 10-year high for the event in the nation’s largest television market. But Fox also said that viewership nationally
- peaked at 10 p.m. Eastern and dropped as the night went on."