XM MLB Chat

Friday, March 07, 2008

Bobby Fenton at Tampa's 1010 AM, "The Beast" deserves a lot of money

Fenton is on 2-6Pm weekdays on Tampa sports talk station 1010AM. He's among the best sportstalk guys I've ever heard. He's a native of Tampa and a fan of the Devil Rays (I'm not calling them the Rays yet). He's a talented, natural talker of which there are very few. He has the mental capacity to absorb and articulate a lot of information. Opinions you get from him are his own as opposed to the sad case of WFAN's Evan Roberts who's never espoused anything you haven't heard many times before.
  • I had a natural aversion to the guy at first. His station was supposed to simulcast Mike and the Mad Dog a few months ago from 3-6P. But they started randomly preempting parts of Mike and Chris, sticking in guys like Fenton who talked constantly about college football at the time.
Now they've completely stopped carrying Mike and Chris which is too bad. I'd of course much prefer to hear them than anybody. When not listening to XM (or Mike and Chris on a stream), I've been listening to Fenton. Assuming he'd ever want to reach a larger audience, someone should call him. I'd like to hear him on XM but they'd never hire anyone as talented as he is. Other than Dibble and Jeff Erickson.
  • UPDATE, 3/18/08: Today I hear Mr. Fenton say he's being moved to 9A-12noon on 1010 AM in Tampa. He's being replaced in PM drive by some guy from a tv station who's been around awhile, etc. I still think Fenton is a talented talker, I don't know why they're in effect demoting him.
He did prove to me today that he's the classic definition of a "useful idiot" when it comes to buying Selig's propaganda. Instead of blaming greedy baseball owners for expanding into markets that couldn't support them, Fenton blames the Yankees for complaining about the hundreds of millions they have to give to other teams. With no strings, no less!
  • I'm glad Fenton is a Rays fan, but things need to be done within Florida to increase baseball fandom. Things could be done today that don't cost much which I've explained before.
Right now, you have the price of gas that's a problem. No one can go anywhere. So blame the Yankees.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home