XM MLB Chat

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

He thinks Clemens will pick the Red Sox

A Yankee beat writer thinks Clemens would pick Boston. I don't care about Clemens myself, but mention this item as:
  1. The ESPN.com universe, enormously attached to the Red Sox, were dead on convinced Clemens would go there last year, were stunned and spitting up when he didn't. So, even if they were half right, Clemens had in fact been talking about going to Boston.
  2. As a test to Yankee bloggers, those who mention a newspaper guy usually mention this guy, Peter Abraham, who also has a blog. I'm not sold on any of the newspaper guys for a few reasons, so as I say, this will be a small test.
  • Mr. Abraham says:
"I think Clemens would pick Boston. He has mended fences with the organization and has enough sense of history to want to end up where he started. I also believe Boston would be more likely to bend the rules for him in terms of travel and perks. Clemens is a true hero in Boston, not so much in New York." from Peter Abraham's lohud.com blog, 1/3/07 Mr. Abraham is a writer for the Journal News of Westchester.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home