Beltre, Polanco, Pedroia at David Ortiz Golf Classic
- Dustin Pedroia, Listin Diario
"This is a 18-month program to prepare nurses at the Robert Reid,
- where I myself was a patient in my childhood,
so that children can receive better care when they are sick and can prevent unnecessary deaths," said Ortiz during the opening press conference tournament.
- The curriculum will be offered to nurses will be managed by Adelphi University, the Rochester area, New England.
"As a doctor, I mean this is a great initiative and show that Ortiz is not only a clutch hitter in the field but also outside it," said Dr. Peter Slavin, director of the Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Players who accompanied Ortiz stressed the importance of charitable activities of this type.
"I think it's very important what David is doing favors for a huge number of children who need your help," said pitcher Tim Wakefield, who won this year's Roberto Clemente Walker Award which is given to players who make contributions the community in different aspects.
- In a similar manner is said third baseman Adrian Beltre, who declined to talk about baseball or contractual status, but the project managing Ortiz.
"David is doing a great job with the kids and we are here giving support," said Beltre.
At the event, held at the Hotel Sanctuary Cap Cana, Punta Cana, were present, among other figures, Dustin Pedroia, Darren Bragg, Placido Polanco, Adrian Beltre,
- Andres Galarraga, Luis Tiant, Jim Rice, Jose Bautista.
Similarly, the actor Sam Page and expected the presence of Hanley Ramirez, Pedro Martinez, Jonathan Papelbon, John Farrell, head of Toronto Blue Jays models and other personalities."
- 12/3/10, "Hanley (Ramirez) elbow is fine and does not need operation," Hoy, by Dionisio Soldevila