- Update: Matt Futterman from WSJ on John Batchelor show says monies owed these players are viewed as obligations of the Texas Rangers, not HSG, so they likely will be paid by the new owner.
5/25: "Alex Rodriguez.
..was listed as the (Texas Rangers) team’s top unsecured creditor.
He is still owed about $24.9 million in deferred compensation....After Rodriguez, the next five unsecured creditors
are also players or former players for the Rangers. They are:
- Kevin Millwood, a pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles ($12.9 million);
- Rangers third baseman Michael Young ($3.9 million);
- Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Vicente Padilla ($1.7 million);
- Mickey Tettleton, who retired from the Rangers in 1997 ($1.4 million); and
- Mark McLemore, a former Rangers second baseman who retired from the Oakland A’s in 2004 ($970,000). "...
from Bloomberg, "Rangers creditors said to oppose sale to Ryan Group
," Keehner and Helyar
Labels: 6 players Texas Rangers unsecured creditors