Los Angeles Angels observe suicide on NYC street before Yankee game
- top Torii Hunter signing in street at suicide scene,
- middle Ervin Santana near scene, bottom street
- near hotel scene, all NY Daily News
- At least one baseball player watched in horror as the 39-year-old man plunged from the 42nd floor of the Le Parker Meridien in an apparent suicide, his broken body landing on W. 56th St. about 8:15 a.m....
- "Weaver actually saw him splat," Palmer said. "I felt kind of sick to my stomach...It's hard to see something like that and hard to take it."
Weaver refused to discuss the incident. The rest of the Angels boarded their team bus while cops were still surveying the grisly scene.
- The suicidal man was not a guest of the hotel, but a former employee."...