Official Pinstriped Guacamole
- And two sibling products of Saginaw-based Fresherized Foods -- Wholly Salsa and Wholly Queso -- similarly have been designated the
- New York team's endorsed salsa and queso dip, respectively.
But Fresherized's ever-clever marketing people are keeping its new, Yankee pinstriped guacamole packaging
- only in stores where the team's fans are likely to shop -- and no farther north than Connecticut.
Any higher up and it runs into partisan Red Sox territory, explained Tracey Altman, the firm's marketing maven and a Bostonian....
- If it was a promotional coup for Fresherized, it comes at a cost of "low six figures," we're told.
And at no small personal cost to Altman.
- "From a personal perspective, I can't mention [the deal] when I come home to Boston. They're all avid Red Sox fans," she said."...
From Ft. Worth Star-Telegram by Schlacter and Co., "Wholly Guacamole now official avocado dip of NY Yankees," 4/11/10 via Daylife
Labels: Official NY Yankee guacamoleTweet Stumbleupon StumbleUpon