Sport fishing to be banned by executive order of the White House, climate groups triumph
- Where are the busloads of screaming protesters who used to object to overreaching White House executives? (ed).
- "Now we see NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) and the administration planning the future of recreational fishing access in America based on a similar agenda of these same groups and other Big Green anti-use organizations, through an Executive Order by the President. The current U.S. direction with fishing is a direct parallel to what happened in Canada with hunting: The negative economic impacts on hard working American families and small businesses are being ignored.
"In spite of what we hear daily in the press about the President's concern for jobs and the economy and contrary to what he stated in the June order creating this process, we have seen no evidence from NOAA or the task force that recreational fishing and related jobs are receiving any priority."
- Consequently, unless anglers speak up and convince their Congressional representatives to stop this bureaucratic freight train, it appears that the task force will issue a final report for "marine spatial planning" by late March, with President Barack Obama then issuing an Executive Order to implement its recommendations — whatever they may be....
As ESPN previously reported, WWF, Greenpeace, Defenders of Wildlife, Pew Environment Group and others produced a document entitled "Transition Green" shortly after Obama was elected in 2008. What has happened since suggests that the task force has been in lockstep with that position paper....
- Additionally, some of these same organizations have revealed their anti-fishing bias by playing fast and loose with "facts," in attempts to ban tackle containing lead in the United States and Canada....
As more evidence of collusion, the green groups began clamoring for an Executive Order to implement the task force's recommendations even before the public comment period ended in February.
- Fishing advocates had no idea that this was coming.
- his executive power to advance energy, environmental, fiscal and other domestic policy priorities."
Morlock fears that "what we're seeing coming at us is an attempted dismantling of the science-based fish and wildlife model that has served us so well. There's no basis in science for the agendas of these groups who are trying to push the public out of being able to fish and recreate.
- "Conflicts (user) are overstated and problems are manufactured. It's all just an excuse to put us off the water."...
Morlock, a member of the CSF board, added, "There are over one million jobs in America supported coast to coast by recreational fishing. The task force has not included any accountability requirements in their reports for evaluating or mitigating how the new policies they are drafting will impact the fishing industry or related economies."...via Gateway Pundit
photo above of group AP
Photo above of my father who grew up in the Great Depression, whose father was a sign painter often out of work, often didn't have enough to eat, whose mother had people park cars on their small front yard in Brooklyn to make ends meet, was an Eagle Scout, somehow with great discipline managed to attend and graduate from college with a degree in forestry, who enlisted in the Air Force in World War II and flew B29's in the Pacific so that America would not have to surrender to a totalitarian dictator, who has worked hard all his life to preserve nature, loves being outdoors, loves fishing, and is despised by Obama.
Tweet Stumbleupon StumbleUpon