XM MLB Chat

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Hanley Ramirez watches winter baseball from the sidelines

1/9/10: "Shortstop Hanley Ramirez said yesterday that he had discussed with management of the Florida Marlins for their refusal to grant him permission to play in the Dominican winter baseball tournament.
  • "I have suffered from having to watch games and do not let me play. There is a clause in my contract that talks about that I can not play in the winter, but that's fussiness of them, because I'm an old man that I know what I do in the field, "Ramirez said in the Lobby Capitaleña, which airs on RNN, channel 27.

Ramirez said he came to speak with the owner of the Marlins and with management, but still denied permission.

  • "They know we are not very good for the attitude they have, but we'll see," Ramirez replied to the questions of journalist Frank Castillo....

Ramirez is considered by many as the best shortstop in the majors.

What can you expect for 2010?

"My goal is go out there and represent the Dominican Republic as best as possible and be the best player in the major leagues for children of this country, they see one and say that one is Dominican," the young shortstop.

  • Ramirez he batted .342, with 24 homers and 106 RBIs last season with the Florida Marlins.

Also added 42 doubles and scored a total of 101 races while he stamped himself as the leader of National League batting."...

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home