XM MLB Chat

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Canseco says McGwire still lying-challenges polygraph on national TV

  • Canseco spoke to ESPN 1000 radio in Chicago on Tuesday.
(CBS/ AP) "Jose Canseco says Mark McGwire is still lying about his use of steroids and his former manager Tony La Russa isn't telling the truth either.
  • McGwire admitted Monday that he used steroids for a decade, including when he hit 70 homers in 1998, but
  • denied Canseco's claims that he injected himself and McGwire with steroids in bathroom stalls.
"I've defended Mark, I know a lot of good things about him," Canseco told ESPN 1000 radio in Chicago on Tuesday.
  • "I can't believe he just called me a a liar. Umm, there's something very strange going on here.
"I even polygraphed that I injected him, and I passed it completely. So I want to challenge him on national TV to a polygraph examination. In Canseco's 2005 book, "Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits, and How Baseball Got Big," Canseco claimed he introduced McGwire and other stars to steroids and performance-enhancing drugs. He wrote about injecting himself and McGwire in bathroom stalls, and how Canseco and McGwire helped lead the Athletics to a World Series sweep in 1989. "...

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home