Explaining news media bias for the democrat candidate
- One columnist's theory: newspaper editors are biased toward Obama, motivated by concern for their own careers:
- After all, newspapers and network news are doomed anyway -- all that counts is keeping them on life support until you can retire.
And then the opportunity presents itself -- an attractive young candidate whose politics
- likely matches yours,
- but more important, he offers the prospect of a transformed Washington with the power to fix
- everything that has gone wrong
- in your career.
With luck, this monolithic, single-party government
- will crush the alternative media via a revived
- fairness doctrine,
- re-invigorate unions by getting rid of secret votes, and just maybe
- be beholden to people like you in the traditional media for getting it there.
And besides, you tell yourself, it's all for the good of the country …"
This is the opinion of the columnist and in no way reflects the opinion of ABC News.Michael S. Malone, columnist (Portion appears at end of article). via the Drudge Report.
- Many are concerned about future job security and act accordingly. In baseball reporting it's similar to politics. You only have to keep one thing in mind: will ESPN like what I'm doing. (sm)