Obama Campaign cuts off WFTV after normal interview with Joe Biden
"WFTV-Channel 9's Barbara West conducted a satellite interview with Sen. Joe Biden on Thursday...
- West wondered about Sen. Barack Obama's comment, to Joe the Plumber, about spreading the wealth.
- She quoted Karl Marx and asked how Obama isn't being a Marxist with the "spreading the wealth" comment.
"Are you joking?" said Biden, who is Obama's running mate. "No," West said.
West later asked Biden about his comments that Obama could be tested early on as president. She wondered if the Delaware senator was saying America's days as the world's leading power were over.
- "I don't know who's writing your questions," Biden shot back.
Biden so disliked West's line of questioning
- that the Obama campaign canceled a WFTV interview with Jill Biden, the candidate's wife.
- "This cancellation is non-negotiable, and
- further opportunities for your station to interview with this campaign are unlikely, at best for the duration of the remaining days until the election,"
- wrote Laura K. McGinnis, Central Florida communications director
- for the Obama campaign.
McGinnis said the Biden cancellation was "a result of her husband's experience yesterday during the satellite interview with Barbara West."
- I'll wait to see how the NY Times and Washington Post handle this media slight by the Obama Thought Police. (sm)