Hugo Chavez with close friend Fidel Castro.
- "If they freeze us, there's no more oil for the United States, and the price of crude will go to $300 a barrel," Chavez said as he addressed the V PetroCaribe summit."...(7/13/08)
NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2006
/PRNewswire/ -- "The National Baseball Hall of Fame
and Museum today unveiled a five-year relationship with the CITGO Petroleum Corporation
to salute the unique impact of Latino baseball on America's national pastime. Titled Baseball! Beisbol!(TM), the Hall of Fame-CITGO celebration will be a multi-faceted campaign, highlighted by a pair of dynamic exhibits that will travel throughout the United States beginning in 2006. CITGO is the exclusive national sponsor of Baseball! Beisbol!(TM)....
Among other initiatives, the five-year Hall of Fame-CITGO partnership will also include: ...* An exchange program aimed at forging a closer and more productive
- relationship between curators in Cooperstown and their counterparts at the Caribbean and Latin American halls of fame;
- * A multi-cultural advisory panel of experts to ensure that partnership initiatives reflect the uniqueness of Latino baseball; and
CITGO, based in Houston, ... is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A.,
Cooperstown welcomes a corrupt Venezuelan dictatorship, but the same association is
- * The translation into Spanish of key Hall of Fame documents for Museum visitors, as well as the Hall's famous plaques on the Hall of Fame's Web site....
- denied to Marvin Miller. No one who seeks a financial future in any way related to MLB will stick their neck out on this subject. Birds of a feather. (sm)