XM MLB Chat

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bud Selig's pal will get Cubs--no matter what Zell wants--Munson, ESPN

"Ask Cub fans who they'd like to win the auction, and the result is nearly unanimous – Mark Cuban, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks and onetime contestant on "Dancing With the Stars." "I don't believe that Major League Baseball will approve Cuban ever under any circumstances," said ESPN analyst Lester Munson. "Commissioner Selig knows what his owners want; they don't want Mark Cuban....
  • Cuban is joined by two Chicagoans in that club: bond trader Tom Ricketts, and real estate mogul Hersch Klaff, along with two East Coast combines.
And the winner, Munson and others believe, is none of the above. "I'm still betting on John Canning," Munson said.
  • "He's gonna change his partnership, he's gonna add people, and he will be a contender probably sometime in the next two weeks," Munson predicted."...
(P.S. Bud Selig will say, "Chris, I agonized over this, I must tell you, I tortured myself, talked with the owners....) sm

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home