XM MLB Chat

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Chipper: "A-rod Will Have to Answer Questions"...If Chipper won't shut up, then shut down AP.

NEW YORK (AP) -- "Chipper Jones predicted Alex Rodriguez will be the next player answering questions about steroids if he gets close to breaking the home run record.
  • I think it will follow him," Jones said. "There's going to be the questions because his name's been brought up. If I had to pose a guess on A-Rod, I would say no. But I don't know. He's going to have to answer the questions. And that goes for everybody that approaches the number. It's just so farfetched, the numbers that those guys are putting up. And a lot of it comes from the era that they're playing in.""
From AP Story published on Sporting News.com, 8/9/07, "Chipper: Arod Must Answer Steroid Questions."
  • This is innuendo that could be actionable. If I were Arod, I'd have my attorney look at it.
  • This conduit of innuendo must be cut off.
      • My solution:
  • Ban all media from speaking to baseball players, effective immediately.
  • If they must speak to a player, they can't repeat the conversation.
Period. No one is in charge. There has never been this kind of media age before, and it's being mishandled. (sm)

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home