XM MLB Chat

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Thoughts of the Day

1. "Saltalamacchia" is the coolest name in baseball.
  • 2. Tim Kurkjian is a human bobble head doll known for dramatically lit solo television bits saying what a great player Arod is AFTER he's hit a bunch of home runs and BEFORE he goes back to being what he normally is.
  • 3. For over 10 years, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, baseball radio talkers, baseball tv talkers, reporters, etc. have spewed constant negative propaganda about the Yankees.
  • 4. I'm anxious for the Yankees to spiral further down the tubes. This will enable the 24 hour negativity and hatred to continue but it will have a different tinge.
  • 5. The word "hate" has become the most used noun, verb and adjective in the world. Those on the left made it popular by accusing those they disagreed with of being 'haters.' Now the word is used constantly and has grown to be an illegal act. I call for an end to the use of the word 'hate.' Try explaining what you mean without using that word.
  • 6. How I get through the baseball season is as follows: never watch any Saturday games on Fox no matter what, never watch any Yankees-Red Sox games of any kind, never watch any games when it's clear things are going badly for the Yankees. For several years, I've used the time to do chores and clean the house. I do check in to see how bad the score is once in awhile, but that's all (either via John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman or by computer). Even if it's going well, I assume that will change. This year I've added a new hobby to distract me: container gardening.
P.S. I'm working on a couple interesting pieces for this blog which will be posted in the next few days.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home