XM MLB Chat

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Joe Buck hired by DirecTV to tell fans, Dump Cable.

NY Daily News' Bob Raissman wonders what's going to happen with the Joe Buck radio commercials he did for DirecTV (already began airing):
  • "You know, the spots where Buck encourages fans to dump cable and go satellite so they can purchase "Extra Innings." "Hi, I'm Joe Buck, and while I'm best known for my velvety voice, I'm here to tell you about one of the best innovations in years," Buck says in the commercials. That Buck would even agree to be a paid shill for DirecTV is whacked. Especially at a time when it looked like MLB was going to shaft cable subscribers and do an exclusive deal with DirecTV. Not very fan friendly, right?
Now that cable has "Extra Innings", anyone who actually listened to Buck and switched from cable to satellite might feel kind of foolish. And question Buck's credibility." I apologize again for relating facts, especially those of an expert in sports media analysis. I heard the spots myself.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home