XM MLB Chat

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Wetumpka Tea Party President: 'I'm not here as a serf or vassal. I'm not begging my lords for mercy. Agencies of the federal government do not understand they are servants of the people. They think they are our masters, and they are mistaken.'

6/4/13, Wetumpka Tea Party President Becky Gerritson: I’m not here as a serf or a vassal. I’m not begging my lords for mercy. I’m a born-free American woman, wife, mother and citizen.

And I’m telling my government that you’ve forgotten your place. It’s not your responsibility to look out for my well-being and to monitor my speech. It’s not your right to assert an agenda. Your post, the post that you occupy exists to preserve American liberty. You’ve sworn to perform that duty. And you have faltered....

The individuals who sought to intimidate us were acting as they thought they should, in a government culture that has little respect for its citizens. Many of the agents and agencies of the federal government do not understand that they are servants of the people. They think they are our masters, and they are mistaken. I am not interested in scoring political points. I want to protect and preserve the America that I grew up in, the America of the people who crossed oceans and risked their lives to become a part of. And I am terrified it is slipping away. Thank you."

Two sources for above: 

6/4/13, "Wetumpka, Ala. Tea Party Pres. Tears Up During Opening Statement," Washington Free Beacon

"Wetumpka, Alabama Tea Party president Becky Gerritson teared up Tuesday during her opening statement before the House Ways & Means Committee.


Gerritson recounted the invasive and intimidating requests by the IRS and said their actions indicate they were specifically attempting to stifle a particular point of view."


-----------------------------------------

6/4/13, "Tea party witness chokes up: ‘I’m not begging my lords for mercy. I’m a born free American woman’," Daily Caller



-----------------------------------------------

Ed. note: They say the Tea Party is a bunch of racist hicks. This "racist hick" woman is from Alabama which of course means she's also "stupid." She mentions her awakening was in Sept. 2008 with the George Bush bank bailouts. The Tea Party was and is a reaction to a failed Republican Party. It was much more important for the GOP to stop the Tea Party than it was for democrats. This remains so today. The GOP has no other purpose than to stop the Tea Party, exemplified by the "far right, extremist, bigoted, ignorant racist" above. Sarcasm aside, listening to this lady and others like her, I can see why the entire political establishment including the media is terrified of the Tea Party.

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home