XM MLB Chat

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rafael Soriano fills in for David Robertson

"“I feel as comfortable as 2010,” said Soriano, who insisted he was prepared to pitch in any role he had to after struggling as a setup man a year ago.

This year, I don’t think about that,” Soriano said. “Last year, I didn’t feel comfortable. This year, no matter what the inning, I will be there. We don’t have Mariano and Robertson is not there. I will be there.”

The Yankees have to hope that’s good enough, especially if Robertson ends up being out for an extended period of time.

I was hoping it was one of those things that would go away real quick,” Robertson said. “But it keeps hanging around.”"

  • ================

5/15/12, "Robertson Goes Down, So Soriano Steps Up," NY Times Bats blog, Waldstein

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home