Tea Party is new front in the 'war on terror'-Steyn
- "Enough with peaceful rallies where we pick up the litter afterwards.
- Let's just threaten to decapitate someone.
- You get more respect that way. At least from the media....
- 83-year-old widow who doesn't like Obamacare? Why, no! It was a chap called Abu Talhah al Amrikee,
who put up a video on the Internet explaining why a "South Park" episode with a rather tame Mohammed joke was likely to lead to the deaths of the show's creators. Just to underline the point, he showed some pictures of Theo van Gogh, the Dutch film director brutally murdered by (oh, my, talk about unfortunate coincidences) a fellow called Mohammed. Mr. al Amrikee helpfully explained that his video incitement of the
All he was doing, he added, was "raising awareness" – ...
- Faced with this explicit threat of violence, what did Comedy Central do?
- also removing the final speech
- about the need to stand up to intimidation.
- remorselessly, the free world is sending the message
- transitory security of a quiet life.
- important cultural pushback."
- from Mark Steyn column, "Tea Party the new front in 'war on terror'," Orange County Register, 4/24/10