Fox Sports regional cable dispute may affect viewers of Tampa Bay Rays weekend pennant race games from KC
- Fox cut the feed to Dish for several of its cable networks Friday, including FX, National Geographic Channel and 19 regional sports channels such as Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket.
- Although the Dodgers and Angels are not in contention for the playoffs, Dish subscribers in other parts of the country could miss out on some nail-biting action.
- but their games at Kansas City this weekend will be on the Fox regional channels.
Disputes between programmers and distributors such as Dish are becoming increasingly common. Media companies want more money for their popular programming as production costs climb....
A sticking point in negotiations has been the channels' positioning in Dish Network's programming levels. Dish does not make FX, National Geographic
- or Fox's sports networks available to customers who buy a
- basic programming package. Rather the channels are available only in more expensive packages.
- If Dish wants to keep the channels on a more expensive tier of service, "then Dish should pay a fair price for that."