XM MLB Chat

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Josh Bertaccini wins Mad Dog Radio Host contest

9/24, "On-air personality Chris "Mad Dog" Russo, who headlines Sirius XM's Mad Dog Radio sports talk channel, has selected West Orange native Josh Bertaccini as the winner of his "So You Think You Can Talk Sports?" contest.

  • Bertaccini, who lives in Aberdeen, S.D., will headline his own national Mad Dog Radio program, hosting eight three-hour shows on the channel this fall.

Debuting Saturday, Bertaccini's show will air each Saturday from 2 to 5 p.m. and each Sunday from 8 to 11 a.m. Listeners nationwide can tune in to hear him on Mad Dog Radio, Sirius channel 123 and XM channel 144.

"Growing up, sports radio was always my dream career," said Bertaccini. "I've always wondered what it would be like if I ever got to do it nationally, and I finally get that chance. I truthfully couldn't be any more excited about the opportunity."

  • Recently, I was able to grab five minutes with the budding national celebrity, Bertaccini, to ask him a few questions, Jersey boy to Jersey boy.

Q. Why did you enter the contest?

Q. You have a sports talk show in South Dakota. What kind of sports do they talk about out there? Caribou wrestling? Cow tipping?

  • People in Dakota love everything people love on the East and West Coast … basketball, football, baseball. Hockey's a little bigger here but not huge. I've still yet to tip a cow.

Q. Any metropolitan influences on your radio path or career, besides Mad Dog?

  • Ian Eagle and Joe Benigno, for sure. I used to listen to those guys every day growing up in West Orange. I don't know who else, maybe Thomas Edison or Bruce Springsteen?

Q. How did a kid from New Jersey get to South Dakota anyway?

  • My wife is from North Dakota and broadcasting is a crazy ride.

Q. Speaking of the Garden State, can we expect any New Jersey attitude on your 24 hours of airtime on Sirius?

  • I would certainly hope so, otherwise … fuhgeddaboudit!!!""
From NorthJersey.com, Bergen Record, "Jersey native wins 'Mad Dog' contest," by Ray Edel
  • via RadioDailyNews

Labels:

Stumbleupon StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home