9/9, "What was billed as an operation resulting from 14 months of research, in contrast to the report of the elements involved in the actions, which indicate that
Police patrolling for "crime preventiontasks" on a state highway in Mexico, were overcome "recklessly" for three vehicles traveling at high speed. They were followed, were ordered by the Speaker of the patrols stopped, they stopped. On first down was a man of fair complexion.
- it was a casual incident that led to a surrender without resistance
Later, without saying when the Federal Police asked to tell their general information, and he replied that he was Edgar Valdez Villarreal, who told La Barbie, El Guero or El Tigrillo, at which point they confessed that it was a drug trafficker. He told of his criminal history, who traded between one and two tons of cocaine per month, which brought from Colombia, and explained what their routes. He said that he was responsible for levantones and executions of rival groups, detailed his relationship with the late capo Arturo Beltran Leyva, and revealed his participation in a summit of drug lords in 2007 in Cuernavaca.
The real story of the capture of one of the drug, which the government has identified as one of the most powerful and bloody, is contained in the report which gives the Federal Police of the arrest of Edgar Valdez Villarreal to the Deputy Attorney Specialized Investigation of Organized Crime (SIEDO).
The report of the PF
At approximately 18:30 pm on 30 August, officers from the Federal Police carried out "crime prevention measures and through the region. "Because intelligence work, it was aware (of) in the town of Salem, in the municipality of Lerma, Mexico State, were members of organized crime."
- The agents did not know, but had arrested Edgar Valdez Villarreal,
- The Barbie.
The officers followed the vehicle, they asked them to stop and then follow along four kilometers of the highway, hit. Federal officials asked the crew of the train,
- When agents were circulating on the shores of the town of Salazar saw a convoy of three cars, one Chevrolet Cruze, a Chevrolet Malibu and Ford Focus, "which broke" at high speed and without any precaution. "
The part of the federal police also recounts how they were arrested Juan Antonio Lopez Reyes, Ivan Arroyo Arturo Salas, Carmela Fernandez Triana, Juan Antonio López Reyes, Ivan Arroyo Arturo Salas, Marisela Reyes Lozada, and Valentino Maritzel Landa Reyes López Coronado, Quin traveled in Malibu and Focus cars.
Importantly, people take their insured at the time of his generals said the following. He says the part of the PF:
"Edgar Valdez Villarreal (a) The Barbie, El Guero and / or El Tigrillo, 37-year-old native of Laredo, Texas, who began his criminal activity at
- not knowing who they were, to come down in the file
following the arrest of some employees in possession of 80 pounds of marijuana, pointing to him as the leader of the criminal group, in the year 1998 met in Mexico City Arturo Beltran Leyva (a) Barbas, then became chief of assassins, responsible for levantones performances to members of rival organizations, and recruiting authorities. In 2001 he received the task of the leaders of the Sinaloa cartel fight the Plaza Nuevo Laredo to the Gulf cartel's organization [...] In 2003 he was appointed security chief of Arturo Beltran Leyva, in the year 2004, for the trust and the loyalty shown to Arturo Beltrán Leyva, he assigned control of the Plaza de Acapulco, Guerrero [...]
- 19 years old when he was arrested by the DEA in San Louis, Missouri,
The presentation "official"
On August 31, Facundo Rosas Rosas, commissioner general of the Federal Police (PF), said Edgar Valdez, La Barbie, had been captured the previous day in the community of Salem
- In mid-2007 he participated in a meeting in Cuernavaca, Morelos, between the leaders of organizations of the Sinaloa cartel, Ciudad Juarez, the Gulf and its armed wing Los Zetas, to agree the term of the attacks and the distribution of territory between these organizations. Notes that entered at least one shipment of cocaine monthly in amounts of between one and two tonnes, the drug entry into the country from Colombia, Panama was the route-Nicaragua, and was entering Mexico for Tapachula, Chiapas, where he was transported overland to Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas. "
"This arrest is the result of intelligence work and activities of the Federal Police since 2009, when they dismantled a cell of gunmen led by Carlos Villanueva de la Cerda, Commander Eight, serving Barbie in Tultitlan State of Mexico, "he told a news conference.
He said then that the research involved simultaneous actions in the states of Mexico, Guerrero, Morelos and the Federal District, which in its various stages
- after an intelligence operation 14 months.
"Further to the intelligence work that was placed Villarreal Valdez was a refugee in a safe house in the state of Mexico. The place had a support group for their safety.
"So after getting this information, we proceeded to install a security fence in the area. At that point, cells were deployed operational and intelligence of the Federal Police. Barbie said, was arrested at a farm in the municipality of Lerma, Mexico State, in the area of La Marquesa.
- remained information exchange with various U.S. agencies and the secretariats of National Defence and Marine and the Attorney General of the Republic (PGR).
In interviews given that day to different media, the commissioner general of the Federal Police said that federal agents
- He said even that the arrest was related to a reported shooting Aug. 30 in Peripheral Avenue, which killed a man identified as Aaron Becerril Ginés, which the officer referred to the conference as one of the main contributors La Barbie.
His aides "leaked" that agents were disguised as beggars and masons, repairing fences of the houses in the subdivision where he was arrested Valdez.
In interviews, Rosas was changing the version of the capture of Barbie. The secretary of Public Security, Genaro Garcia Luna, made
- "had to blend with the environment" to capture Barbie. "
While at the conference said they had been stopped at the village house, the journalist Carmen Aristegui told him that the arrest occurred in a place "near the farm," as he was about to enter it, just as Villarreal and companions were stationed.
- statements to the media that differ from the version contained in the part of the Federal Police.
Another aspect in which the versions do not match is related to resisting arrest. While the version of the federal police made it clear that there was no resistance from the detainees, Facundo Rosas said in an interview that it was one.
- Secretary Genaro Garcia Luna gave a different version of the arrest. He said the journalist Joaquín López-Doriga that the head of drug traffickers was arrested in the garden of the property while trying to escape.
Before, Rosas Carmen Aristegui told that La Barbie did not resist.
- Rosas said the communicator Carlos Loret de Mola Barbie resisted it, but "the advantage" of the authorities prevented him from escaping.
- Last night the Federal SSP said that the place where he was arrested Barbie oriented work was carried out at specific targets and that the
- details of the arrest are confidential.
Ramon Ayala was my friend: The BarbieEdgar Valdez Villareal said that criminal groups grupero singers killed "because they walk with different groups, or cartel," because they were to sing to a drug or "stupid"
However, the former hit man Beltran Leyva cartel that they are "friends who are not merchants, they are not dedicated to nothing (sic)" but that "in the end, they knew" that he was engaged in drug trafficking .
- Edgar Valdez Villareal, La Barbie, acknowledged to be a friend of the singer Ramon Ayala grupero
- and "almost all Northerners."
"When Sergio must have killed him because he came over here to sing (...), because I think it was El Chapo, or do not know who it was, it was not playing a part", said Valdez Villareal told the Federal Police revealed by that corporation.
By questioning why singers grupero murdered, former subordinate of Arturo Beltran Leyva attributed it to "because they walk with different groups, or cartel, which were not to sing or stupid", but denied that he had the practice.
- In addition, he assumed that Joaquin Guzman, El Chapo, ordered the killing of "Sergio", but did not say if Sergio Gomez, leader of K-Paz de la Sierra, or Sergio Vega "El Shaka", both executed.
In December 2009, Ramon Ayala y Los Cadetes de Linares were arrested in an alleged narcoposada. Two years earlier, the lead singer of K-Paz de la Sierra, Sergio Gomez was found dead and tortured in Michoacán, while
- Also, Barbie said he liked going to the clubs' new, the forest "and" restaurants with mariachis, "which his favorite was the one in front of" La Valentina "in Interlomas.
- he was executed last June Sergio Vega El Shaka, the Mexico-Nogales."
google translation from Spanish by Blog del Narco, "It was not operating: The Barbie Gave"
Labels: 'La Barbie' arrest was mere happenstance and without struggle, not a 14 month investigation