4 headless bodies in Mexico said to be threat to kingpin who is US citizen
- 8/22, BBC: "A message had been left with their heads warning that anyone supporting Edgar Valdez would risk a similar fate.
Edgar Valdez is reportedly fighting Hector Beltran Leyva for
- control of the influential Beltran Leyva drug cartel....
Edgar Valdez, a US citizen known as Barbie for his blonde hair, is a leading contender to take over as the head of the gang."...
- The BBC notes this particular cartel is entrenched in among other things,
- transportation, hospitality, electronics, health products.
- 8/22: "The bodies of the four young men were discovered early on Sunday, hung upside down by their feet from a bridge
- The victims' genitals, index fingers and heads had been cut off, ...
Their heads and genitals were found nearby, along with a handmade sign,"...
- The version of the story by AP in the Washington Post mentioned an American from Georgia had been found shot dead in a car in Mexico. The killing wasn't said to be related to that of the headless bodies.
AP, 8/22: "In western Mexico, police found the body of a U.S. citizen inside a car along the highway between the Pacific resorts of Acapulco and Zihuatanejo.
- A report from Guerrero state police said the man was shot to death and had identification indicating he was from Georgia.
The U.S. Embassy could not be reached to confirm the man's identity.
- Police said they had no suspects and had not determined a motive.",,,
- photos Reuters
- "JOAQUIN WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL NARCO EN MEXICO HISTORY?? EDGAR VALDEZ, is only a subordinate, is the most wanted - AND HEADS APA ...
- 4/9/2007, "Mexican police have been slow to recognize the Internet as a font of clues, critics say, a mistake that has increased the ability of the cartels to work in the open."...
- Washington Post
Tweet Stumbleupon StumbleUpon